My angst-ridden, twenty-something self is throwing a pity party. Or at least pretending that I'm deprived/ depressed and there's some sort of righteous struggle that I'm upholding. This is my last semester of college, and I'll make it through if it kills me (which it won't, but this is me being over-dramatic).
Task list:
1. French lit presentation, hardly begun and supposed to have been given yesterday.
2. Social psych lit review due Tuesday- again not begun
3. Keystone book report due Thursday before Easter (next week)
4. Larger paper for social psych due at near semesters end (immediately preceeded by another lit review)
5. Large project for French lit class due at semester's end (again, topic not chosen)
6. Final essay for keystone
7. Work each of 3 jobs
So after my lack of a spring break in which I come back sleep-deprived, over-stressed, and unprepared I again take a tail spin into my constant, stress-filled life. This can't be good for my health. I lack time and money to buy groceries. I have yet to give myself a full meal in two weeks (minus choir tour, so I guess that doesn't count).
Granted, none of these things are difficult in-and-of themselves. Rather, it is the constant succession and equal demands put on by all projects. I have a small ray of hope, Easter vacation, awaiting me in the middle of April. Otherwise, I'm holding out for graduation at the end of May. It is very tempting to escape right now. I know myself and I know that I will inevitably crack under this pressure unless something lets up. I'm already exhibiting negative coping mechanisms.
I want to take this rest of this week off, but I have already skipped my social psych class this week and cut out of work too many times recently. I have not skipped a keystone yet, but I know that would be a bad idea.
Another looming prospect is my lack of structure post-summer. I do have 5 months before decisions have to be made/ executed. However, I've been passing up opportunities because of busyness. Irritating. I almost wish I had some full-time office job lined up, something safe. Even better, if I had living arrangements to go with it.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire