Here's to what I want: I want to choose a path that will lead me to grad school and eventually a career in an industry that will challenge me and provide me enjoyment. Everything comes to two industries- arts administration and international-related something (linguistics, education, etc). As much as I love Minneapolis, I feel this pull to leave. Now is the time and I'm equally tethered here. Then there is the guy; I have this amazing boyfriend who is stuck in college in Iowa for the next two years. For someone who has had a bad track record with long distance relationships, this is going rather well. I will not be any closer to Iowa than I am now. I want to keep him in my life (this does have marriage potential, if I may be so bold and naive) but question whether or not I can accomplish what I have set for myself.
Meanwhile, I'm living in slightly sketch North Minneapolis in a twenty-something boarding house. Four bedrooms, five roommates, and a cat; each is equally transient. Never before have I been in this sort of living situation before. The house feels like something out of L'Auberge Espangole. Ironically, everyone seems to be getting along rather well. I'm quite pleased with my little space and the easy-going relationship with my roommates.
Here's to the unknown.

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire