mercredi 16 septembre 2009

Job Searching

Today I actually made progress.  After a disappointing start with an immediate rejection from a temp agency (the woes of technology), I decided to use resources tailored to recent grads.  Because I am an excellent candidate for any sort of job- lack of full time job experience be damned.  Anywho, I submitted stuff to two firms, with one letting me schedule an appointment with potential cancellation possibility.  Truthfully, the projects are likely to be temp which is exactly the timeline I'm looking for.  If nothing else it will make me feel like I'm actually making headway.  Additionally, I am also going to apply for 2 small/ non-paying internships in my field.  There's always a supplemental job as a barista or something.

I've made a decision concerning grad schools.  I am still sticking to my fall 2011 start, but want to remain in the international sector.  Specifically, I want to pursue the field of international education.  I want to work in the study abroad industry.  I think I would be an excellent administrator and I can see a series of career goals with that field.  I'm still interested in the sociolinguistics, but have scrapped the idea of the French linguistics.  I want to French to be a smaller component of my future career.  I want it to be the extra, not the center.  This also gives me opportunity to pick up another language(s) if I want.  Decisions being made, I plan to use the next two years building up my resume.  Once I've made my complete decision about grad school, I can seek out opportunities that best fit my prospected program.

Now I just need a job.

Aucun commentaire: