lundi 25 février 2008

To wrap my head around this....or maybe I can't

I don't try to do this. This semester, it seems that guys keep falling into my lap. Relaying the stories is interesting, yet I seem to get hung up on my current situation. I haven't had this kind of freedom or so many options before.

Last Wednesday I had an almost and it is still hanging in the air. Long story short, I ran in to N and a friend of his at a pub. I said hello and they came to sit with us. My American friends left one by one and I found myself with N and his friend, AF. N left to pick up his friend from the train station, leaving AF and I talking...flirting...that. I wonder if this is going anywhere, but the bar closes at 1 and we leave. They try to catch the last tram and I get them to head in the direction of chez moi. When parting N bizes me (he's English, this is not natural); AF starts with a handshake and then decides to biz (also English). No phone number exchange between AF and I. N has mine and I his. My game: let this be. Ironically, both are work colleagues, therefore there are possibilities for meeting and soon. However, I'm confused about which one is interested. I don't want to make any decisions.

Friday evening I get "kicked" out of the house and head to chez J for pre-gaming. I get there ridiculously early, due to the massive amounts of people at my place. I meet his roommate, JS. The night is filled with alcohol. Others show up, J's girlfriend MW gets hammered and passes out. People leave to catch trams.... I talk about crashing there out of laziness. Soon it is J, JS, MW and I. JS asks if I want to go to a discotheque, as planned earlier in the evening. We walk into town, as we have missed the last tram. We get to the place, he pays my cover charge and buys me a drink. Drinks lead to dancing, leading to making out, leading to crashing at my place...
Sunday night he calls to make sure this isn't serious and that we are being discrete. He wants to go out with me this week. Still, I felt like I was being used, even though I want nothing serious and discretion.

So to tally and make myself feel a little better (or worse, depending on your take) 1. GG (aka French lover) 2. JE (american in program- no strings attached) 3. CB (2 week fling, but potentially going to visit him in Geneva) 4. JS (american in different subset of program- no strings attached) 5. N 6. AF
But in reality, I can scratch N and AF because nothing has happened. CB can be out, because that will just be a weekend. Right now he is a former fling with possibility of rekindling. So my count is back up to three again. How do I feel about this?

Is this what happens when a girl gets out of a three year relationship and finds herself with options and not being able to say no? But why do I have to? Am I so conditioned by monogamy that I feel guilty. If nothing else, I'm being like a guy...none of the emotional attachment, merely fun. Except that the emotions are creeping in. And have been...

I've been wondering what I've done this semester. It seems I have found it: classes, going out, watching american tv online, and managing my guy endeavors. Maybe I have turned into AC.

Aucun commentaire: